According to the U.S. Fire Administration “An estimated 2,900 home dryer fires happen every year, causing 5 deaths, 100 injuries, and $35 million in property loss.”
Taking Care of your clothes dryer is important for home fire safety. The leading cause of home dryer fires is FAILURE to properly clean them.
LINT IS FLAMMABLE!
- It is recommended to clean the filter before and after each load of laundry.
- Don’t forget to clean the back of the dryer cabinet where lint can build up.
- Clean the lint filter with a nylon brush at least every six months or more often if it becomes clogged.
- Clean the lint out of the ventilation duct pipe every three months.
- Have your dryer cleaned regularly by a professional, especially if it is taking longer than normal for clothes to dry.
Smoke Detector Services will professionally clean your dryer cabinet, exhaust venitaltion ducts and lint filter trap compartment. For pricing please go to the “Pricing” tab.
For more information from the U.S. Fire Administration on General Home Fire Safety go to: http://www.usfa.fema.gov